Sunday, January 30, 2022

Imagine These Premieres







Julian and Cynthia attended the documentary film premiere of Imagine: John Lennon on  October 7, 1988 at the National Theatre in New York. Yoko Ono and Sean also attended as did Cynthia boyfriend Jim Christie and Julian's girlfriend Fiona Flanagan. There was an after party at the Russian Tea Room. This was really the first time Yoko and Cynthia were together since 1970.

"It doesn't exist really. I don't hold any bad feelings towards her. If it hadn't been her, it would have been somebody else. It was something that happened. For the film about John we had tea at the Russian Tea Rooms in New York. There was Yoko and Sean, Julian and  his girlfriend of the time, Jim and me. It was a bit strained, but we don't really have anything in common. All that time isn't really part of my life now. I still keep up with Maureen and Pattie occasionally. But I don't see the others."
Cynthia, 1988 

Cynthia was referring to any kind of rift between her and Yoko... I'll be exploring that soon (it's in the process of writing at this time!). Personally, I really do not like this outfit on Cynthia! She was usually great on fashion style, but this? Blah... Makes her look frumpy. The London premiere 18 days later looked better: 





Cynthia and Jim on October 25, 1988 for the Imagine: John Lennon documentary premiere at Canon Cinema in London. Yoko and Sean were also there, but I don't think Julian attended this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment