Saturday, September 10, 2022

Cynthia's Life Wisdom


Cynthia, around 1969-1970

 On what would've been Cynthia's 83rd birthday, here's some quotes to celebrate her life:

"Pretty evenly balanced, I would say. I hope I take the best out of life. It's the only way to survive. I had some fantastic times, I also had some very tragic times, but there are many people who have such extremes. You just get on with it."
Cynthia, 1995

"I've not altered since the Beatle days. I have always been the same. It is the people and places around me that have changed."
Cynthia, 1980

"It was Julian who kept me on earth. John was gone most of our marriage. He belonged to the rest of the world. Julian was the best thing that came out of our marriage. I've done well. I'm not a junkie, I'm not an alcoholic. And it's probably because of Julian."
Cynthia, 2006

“Instead of living with somebody, I get married. That’s me. I like the solidity of marriage. I think the shadow of John is always there. I’ve had a very interesting married life. I’ve been married longer than most people, but to different men."
Cynthia, 2005

"It just comes naturally if it’s what you believe in. Many years ago I did Beatles conventions and I never thought I could do that, but once you’ve been in that situation, been on a platform being questioned by 2000 Beatles fans, you just go back, it’s what you’ve learnt,what you’ve experienced."
Cynthia, 2007

"You get what you ask for in this life, it’s as simple as that. If you want to go out there and self promote, that’s easy enough to do, you can do that anywhere. But if you know the right places to go, the right people and you have good friends then you can live a normal life. If you want all of that Tinseltown stuff, you can have it, if you don’t, you don’t, it’s up to you."
Cynthia, 2007

"The 10 years I spent with John are part of what I am."
Cynthia, 1999

"I come from a family of very placid, quiet people, and I have always been the same. Nothing that's happened to me in the whole Beatles saga has done anything to change that. I've never once felt in need of a psychologist. In fact it's funny, because Julian recently came home and told me he'd been to a psychologist in America at his girlfriend's insistence. She wanted to sort their relationship out or something. But he said, 'Mum, they're all crackers there. You're my analyst and you don't cost anything,' so we're each other's shrink!"
Cynthia, 1994

"He changed my life...well, he didn't, but the whole situation changed my life completely. God knows where I would've been ended up. I probably would've been a school teacher with about three or four children in a boring situation. I've had the most amazing life, a wonderful life. I'm still alive and kicking. I've got the best son anyone could possibly wish for in the world and a marriage to a wonderful man [Noel Charles] also. Sounds very gushing, but I'm really happy. And all the experience has not spoiled anything for me, I promise you. I still open my eyes in the morning and feel a beautiful, sunny day in Spain and think how lucky I am."
Cynthia, 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment