Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Surprise Tour Guest

Lennon by Lennon
Photographed by Julian Lennon

Backstage Business
Photographed by Julian Lennon

In February of 2007, Sean was on his European tour when he got a surprise waiting for him after a show: his big brother Julian! 

"I thought it time to make big changes in my own life. Part of that has been to get Sean back into my life, because I love him so much. We just hugged and held each other. I got in touch with Sean's tour manager without him knowing, and was sitting backstage when he came off a gig in Prague. He said, 'Jesus, you look just like my brother.' I said, 'I am your brother.' He looked really closely at me, and it scared the shit out of him. We just hugged and held each other. We had been out of touch because of comments I had made about his mother. So he said: 'How long are you staying?' I told him: 'I am coming on the tour bus with you.' So I slept on the floor as we travelled through Croatia and Slovenia."
Julian, 2007

"I stood behind the stage and waited. When he came off initially he thought I was some Croatian security guy. We then chatted away and then he told me that he had a spare bunk in the touring van, and invited me to carry on with them. We went to some other east European countries and to Germany."
Julian, 2009

Sean Profile
Photographed by Julian Lennon

For two weeks, Julian traveled with Sean on his tour, sleeping on the floor of a tour bus, becoming an unofficial roadie, and a photographer - something that soon took off as a new career interest.

"I actually became the sort of assistant tour manager for restaurants."
Julian, 2010

"He's much better at organizing than I am. You're the organized one! Anyway, it was the most touching thing."
Sean, 2010

"Just experience, my dear boy. Just experience."
Julian, 2010

"I was hanging around with Sean, annoying him but really doing anything I could to help his tour manager with the show. There was this compact camera sitting in the wings. I happened to get a few nice shots and managed to add them to the first exhibition"
Julian, 2016

Naked
Photographed by Julian Lennon

Here's Looking At You Kid
Photographed by Julian Lennon

No comments:

Post a Comment