Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Cynthia's Untitled Poems

Cynthia started writing poetry in 1968 while in Reshikesh, India. Only a few handful of poems were published in 1978 from her first autobiography book, A Twist of Lennon. 



A flower, a kiss, a smile of love
Heartwarming gifts from up above
The hand of coldness disappears
When we forget our chosen fears.
Just one experience of love
Gives hope and life in endless years
Of learning how to move our minds of stone
When many times we feel alone.
We are alone. The choice is ours
To offer a flower, a kiss, a smile
Is but the simple answer, for awhile
We search our minds in depth
We should find life a simple test.
When realization of the truth
Presents itself in all its youth
To all in age who still ask why
Just smile and love but do not cry
The truth for me does not agree
With other people using me
With a freedom that they think is free
Checkmate will only find success
When pawns themselves don't fall from grace
When honesty comes face to face
With truth and not commodity.
To use another's soul for gain
Misunderstanding all in vain
For those who use another's brain
To lift themselves with words profane
Cynics born to eat the words
Of men who falter not with words
~~~
The days go by so slowly my mind held in suspense
Why must this be when I can see the feeling so intense?
The future holds the magic of my thoughts these passing days
The planning actions of my mind just wither in the haze
Time is wasted longing for the bud to flower and bloom
Waiting, hoping, anticipating what might be happening soon
Possibility is just a game played in fantasy throughout
Why must this be withheld within. What is it all about?
If only I could touch the flower and feel it's beauty in my strife
I could be at ease and aim to please of my life
~~~
Voices flit like shadows down the passage of my mind
They grow and fade in volume as the passing of the days
Bring memories of sunshine's timeless rays
Times of childhood beckon calling me through days and years
Of happiness and loneliness mingled with the tears

No comments:

Post a Comment