Friday, April 13, 2018

Cynthia's Imaginary Middle Name


I need to get this rant off my chest:
How on Earth does someone get Lillian as Cynthia Lennon’s middle name??? Many areas, mostly sites that can be altered by anybody (Wikipedia, imdb.com) put Cynthia’s full name as Cynthia Lillian Powell. When she died, a few news outlets actually fell for it, reporting her so called full name. I know where Lillian came from: her mother. But someone just inserted it in.

THERE IS NO OFFICIAL PROOF!!!!! I would think Cynthia herself would say something, right? There’s no mention of having a middle name in neither books, A Twist of Lennon and John. There’s no mention of it in her 6 part Hello! magazine series about her life with John. They all said the same thing: “I was born Cynthia Powell…”
Her make-believe middle name does not show up in any love letters written by John. If he included his own middle name, wouldn’t John do the same for Cynthia? Nor does this concoction middle name claim shows up on her marriage certificate to John. John Winston Lennon, check… Cynthia Powell yes… So, where is Lillian??? I’ll tell you where: NO WHERE! John didn’t like his middle name but he didn’t hide it either.
Unfortunately this has gotten out of control! It’s sad that one error can whip up into reality.
It’s Cynthia Powell. Not Cynthia Lillian Powell.

Find me official proof and I will be more than happy to delete this post with apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment