Sunday, June 9, 2019

List of Vacations

1959- Edinburgh, Scotland
1961- Hamburg, Germany
1963- Paris, France
1964- Ireland
1964- Tahiti
1965- St. Moritz, Switzerland
1965- Bournemouth, England
1966- Trinidad and Tobago
1966- Bournemouth, England
1966- Pesaro, Italy
1967- Liverpool, England
1967- Greece
1967/1968- Morocco
1968- Greece and Rome, Italy
1968- Pesaro, Italy


This is the list of the vacation trips John and Cynthia had together that I know of. A few I found out fairly recently (for example: Liverpool in 1967… took me until, like, 2017 to hear about it!). Just when I feel like I know it all, a little treasure chest surfaces! I actually love it! It tells me that there's so much more to the story than meets the eye and shows John and Cynthia as a couple than a husband always away a lot while wife isolated at home.
Anyway, in this particular post, I want to touch base on the trips that don't really have photos or quotes or anything other than a sentence or two. I already posted about Hamburg, Paris, and somewhat Greece and Italy 1968. The rest are coming as the blog chugs along…


Already posted:


Edinburgh, Scotland, 1959 or 1960
On a whim of the moment on a day off from college, John decided to take his new girlfriend Cynthia to meet his Aunt Mater in Scotland. They hitchhiked up from Liverpool and tried to keep a tired truck driver awake. When they got to Mater's house, it was pouring rain and she wasn't home. John and Cynthia waited in a doorway of a church across the street for some hours until John's cousin/Mater's son Stanley arrived. Mater was away that day herself and was due back the following day. They stayed that night (I wonder what excuse Cynthia told her mother about being gone for two days?) and the next day, Cynthia met Mater and they yakked into the night. I'm guessing John and Cynthia left the following morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment