Monday, February 3, 2020

Cynthia's Favorite Song(s)

Now we move on to a different yet related subject: Cynthia's favorite song. For a number of years, it's been In My Life. She even covered it in 2011. Besides In My Life, another favorite song was She Loves You as the yeah, yeah, yeah part reminded her of John's Christmas letter when they started dating to her where he wrote yes, yes, yes. As for John's solo work, Cynthia's favorite song was Woman; she named her perfume after the song. As for her least favorite, Cynthia was open and consistent that it was Love Me Do as she thought it was monotonous. 


“There were so many but let me say Woman. I just thought it was so beautiful the overall sentiment about women. I know it’s said that it was written for Yoko, but I always felt it was written for all the women in his life, a little bit like In My Life, looking back in retrospect. It was such a gentle, beautiful love song, and that’s how I’d rather remember him than for his battling political songs or for all the anger that came out. I just felt that at the end he was mellowing and softening.”
Cynthia, 2005

“I find it very strange when we go out to dinner with someone and they say, ‘Do you mind if we put on Rubber Soul?’ I say, ‘Please do.’ My favourite? I love Sgt Pepper. I love them all except Love Me Do and I didn’t like George’s first sitar music. But everything else just got better. My favourite track is a bit sentimental — it’s In My Life.”
Cynthia, 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment