Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Small Talk

Cynthia and John in Tahiti, May of 1964

On November 8, 1965, The Beatles were in the recording studios to work on George Harrison's song, Think For Yourself. In between takes, and with the tape rolling, Paul McCartney and John started to talk. Not sure what Ringo Starr and George were doing but I'm sure they were quite amused... or in their own little worlds. 

John: "And I stink, too. I'm waiting for someone to say something about it."
Paul (in a funny voice): "It's that deodorant you use... it is."
John: "Cynthia licked it clean before we left."
Paul: "Let me tell you... it's that BO-oderant that you're using."

Later on the the session...
John: "I'm sorry. Sometimes I feel less than useless at these sessions. I really do. Of course, Cynthia understands. I often talk to her about it when we get home. I say, " Sometimes, you know, Cynthia, I just can't get the note.'"
Paul: "Yeah... well..."
John: "She understands a lot of things like that because she went to Bailey for our holidays... you know, 'belly' elich..." 
John and Paul started to laugh. 

While I'm sure most of the discussion was more of a joking matter, I am sure there was truthful information in there as well. Cynthia licked off John's deodorant off before he left? Well... something passionate happened between those two! And, I'm glad John stated he talked to Cynthia about stuff despite outsider biographers like to say that John never utter a word to Cynthia during their marriage. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment