Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Coming Home From the Land Down Under







John arriving home in London with The Beatles after their tour wrapped in Australia and New Zealand at Luton Airport on July 2, 1964. Cynthia met John at the airport; John's Aunt Mimi accompanied The Beatles on tour and they met with distant cousins while in New Zealand. 

"I like to keep my work and my private life separate, which is why I keep Cynthia out of the picture. I took her to America, because a trip like that comes once in a lifetime, and she deserved it. I'd dearly have loved to take her to Australia, but the schedule looks too gruelling. My auntie came with us because she's got relatives in New Zealand I have never met."
John, 1964

“It’s good  to see John back, and the others.”
Cynthia, 1964 

No comments:

Post a Comment