Sunday, September 26, 2021

Give Us a Kiss

Cynthia and John on the plane somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean on February 7, 1964.
Photographed by Harry Benson

"Look, if the four of us ever regretted our personal lives being so restricted, we'd pack the job in -- that means quit! Yes, but it's terrible when I'm away from her, though. She's here with me now, but usually we're apart and we have to talk by telephone. But the voices don't sound the same. It's too distant. I don't like to talk about my private life. I'd like to keep it separate from this business. I want my wife to lead a normal life and not be pestered day and night just because she's married to one of the Beatles. She never gets jealous about the fans. She loves them, in fact. She's received lots of presents from our fans for herself and for our son. She knew what it would be like when she married me.  My wife is very understanding about it." 
John, 1964

No comments:

Post a Comment