Sunday, December 26, 2021

Christmas Visit

In December of 1977, Julian visited John, Yoko, and Sean during his winter holiday from school, celebrating Christmas. I think the previous Christmas time was in 1974 and this one of 1977 was the last Christmas John and Julian had together... I could be wrong but I don't think Julian was with John in 1978 and 1979 - John's last Christmas. Well, anyway, I'm not sure exactly how long Julian stayed but he was certainly still with them in mid-January of 1978, so maybe approximately a month? I don't know how long United Kingdom schools were off during that time; I currently work at a school, and even growing up in the United States, our school winter breaks are two weeks. There's also a possibility that Julian got permission to miss some weeks of school... I can see both John and Cynthia allowing that... Well, if you are familiar of the school breaks routine in United Kingdom, please feel free to explain in the comments!

John, Julian, and Yoko sledding in the snow in Central Park, New York City, December of 1977
Photographed by Nishi F. Saimaru


John, Julian, and Yoko in Central Park, New York City, December of 1977
Photographed by Nishi F. Saimaru

I've noticed that Yoko and Julian were wearing matching gloves!



After playing in the snow, John and Julian relaxed with Sean in the Dakota apartment in December of 1977
Photographed by Nishi F. Saimaru

No comments:

Post a Comment