Sunday, February 26, 2023

Past & Present

Cynthia and Julian with Jim Keltner's wife Cynthia and their three children in Los Angeles, 1974.

Julian was spending time with his father John and May Pang (John was more likely recording an album with Jim, a drummer, at this moment... or he wasn't pictured... I don't know where John was?) while Cynthia was staying with Jim and his family. In her John book, Cynthia wrote that Jim's children called her Mary Poppins because of her English accent.


 Jim and Cynthia are still married, and Jim recently met up with Julian on February 24, 2023 in Los Angeles for a re-do for Julia's 1991 song Saltwater and new song Save Me with Eva Gardner, Steve Porcaro, Laurence Juber (from Paul McCartney's Wings), and Willie Samuels. Any proceeds will go to White Feather Foundation and Save the Sea Country. The following day after recording, Jim with his wife Cynthia and Julian happened to be sitting next to each other for dinner at a restaurant.

"I had met him with my mom Cynthia on a number of occasions that Mum brought me over to America to rekindle and reconnect with Dad. So, we spent quite a lot of time with Jim Keltner and his family, and I haven't seen him since I was a kid. But he looked just the same. Because of that connection, they sent me a picture that I'd never seen. My mom Cynthia and his wife Cynthia when I was about 10 years old. We've reunited. That was so special."
Julian, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment