Saturday, February 3, 2018

Let Me Introduce This Blog…

Why did I decide to do this blog? That's a good question, considering that I have enough on both internet and personal life going on. The answer is because I have always been drawn to the marital relationship between John and Cynthia Lennon. There is something special in their highly underrated love story that in the previous and future posts to explore, analyze, and record that gets constantly overlooked and brush-off to the forgotten side. John would have probably would have preferred it to be that way as he felt so in the years he was with Yoko Ono (we will get more into that in posts to come). Meanwhile, Cynthia recently passed away so she can no longer defend her love story. Julian, to be fair, barely remembers his parents together as they split when he was five and, honestly, I don't really want him to carry on the burden of defending his parents’ relationship or anything else. John's first marriage wasn't as in-your-face as it was with his second marriage to Yoko. His marriage to Cynthia have been often looked down upon as an obligation loveless footnote in John's life story. But it wasn't. There's something more to it.

I do want to point something out for future references… it is not my intention to use this blog to blame or bash Yoko in any way shape or form. Although admittedly she is not my favorite and it may show in between the lines, I want this blog to be positive and to be more focused on John and Cynthia. To get this off my chest, I am not a fan of Yoko-- her treatment towards Julian is unforgivable. There were better ways of handling their difficulties and if they (John and Yoko) have reconsider everyone involved and be more sympathetic, perhaps my views on her would've been much different. That being said, I have spoken to both of her children Kyoko and Sean in social media, who are nice and gracious. I have seen Sean constantly getting tweets and comments of hatred on his mother, and despite my own feelings of Yoko, I couldn't help but feel sorry for Sean for having to see that. Same with both Heather and Beatrice McCartney who have witnessed their mothers constantly being shat on from the media and fans… I wouldn't be surprised if any of that is partially the cause of why we rarely or never see Heather going to her family events for almost 20 years. At the end of the day, it's really the children who gets the price to pay for witnessing a side of hatred. They know their mothers, we don't. They live with their mothers, we don't. And because of that and because I like to think that I am a nice fair person, that I don't want to spend my time hating that particular person. It is what it is, it was what it was… 

No comments:

Post a Comment